Competition may have several forms that ask for personal information:
- obligatory sign up form (for contributors and if you require sign up for commentators)
- for uploaders only (if set): obligatory form before first upload, after sign in
- optional form on user's profile page.
Personal information distribution:
Only user with admin Site Admin privileges can set Platform data.
Manage them in Platform Setup > Platform data capture
Warning: There are some predefined platform user data fields set in english. If you are going to use another language you should at least translate them into your language.
If you are going to use competizer for multiple competitions it's reasonable to use this feature to collect:
- users emails, so they can retrieve password, receive after upload mailings, other mailings (more info below)
- user's general information like: name, address, phone number, interests, etc.
- let user's subscribe to newsletter / get updates, ie. receive informations about other competitions and promotions
- hidden field: language, if you plan competitions in different languages. Find detailed instruction how to set up languages here.
Select option field
You can treat also those fields as templates ie. particularly if you need select. But remember that if you use them in any competition they will be assigned to user overall profile in all competitions.
How platform data works for users?
When user wants to enter second (or another) competition then he don't have to sign up, he could just sign in (if not signed in already).
After sign in user has another form with:
- fields added to this competition (look below how to set up competition specific data)
- platform data fields, but only if NOT filled last time (or new ones).
Available field types:
- email (text field with email validation)
Available field options:
- Active (default value on list of competition specific data in Setup&Edit > Options > User data capture)
- Unique: must be unique within competitions (useful for emails or nicknames)
- Public: show in profile
- Editable: user can change it after registering
- Profile: edit only in profile, not displayed in sign up form, user may miss this
- Before upload form, prior to the first upload, not displayed in sign up form, but each contributor will be asked about this once
- Emailing: indicates emailing subscription. Use this feature if you plan mailings or newsletters, so users can sign out (and don't accuse you of spamming).
On the level of one competition you can activate platform data and add specific fields for sign up and enter competition.
You can ask users about things related to competition, ie. particularly:
- checkbox: "I've read and accepted the Rules" (for this competition)
Tip: If you want to link Rules with rules page then go to rules page, copy its web address and create HTML link as checkbox label like in this example:
I have read and accepted <a href="/competition-title/Rules.html">the Rules</a>
- checkbox: "Get promotional materials from the sponsor" (of this competition)
- checkbox: "Let me know about next edition of this competition"
- "What do you think/like about this competition/theme?"
- additional question that will be taken into account, while choosing winner, for instance origin, verification code, motivation, etc..
Set them in Setup&Edit > Options > User data capture.
- Nick name - it's obligatory, unique for whole your platform (customer account), you can't change it's options. Nick is displayed as the contributor name next to the entry.
- profile picture - you can activate or deactivate it. When deactivated then users won't be able to add it and avatars won't be displayed in competition. Also you can make it required or optional. Users will be able to upload avatar as JPG, GIF or PNG. Avatars are displayed on profile page, on entry page, with comments, in gallery widget on home page and in gallery (if activated).
- location - it's used to display participant's location on Google Map. It could be only submited on profile page you can deactivate it or make required (but entering any data into profile page is generally optional; so if you make location required means, that user can't enter any other profile data without entering location)
By default all platform user data fields are active, but they can be turned off (uncheck "Active"). You can also add new fields.
Add additional fields:
- email (text field with email validation)
Note: After adding and saving new field it can't be changed to other type or removed. If you don't need it just deactivate it.
- Active (by default active field will be displayed on sign up, unless Uploaders of Profile is checked)
- Uploaders (additional question for participants before upload form, prior to the first upload)
- Profile (edit only in profile, not displayed in sign up form, user may miss this)
- Public (show in user's profile page)
- Unique (if field added in a competition it must be unique within this competition, or if it is platform data it must be unique within all competitions)
- Editable (user can change it after registering)
- Email (only for checkboxes, check if this is any kind of agreement to receive emailings)
Obligatory form for all participants, also for commentators if it's so set (in Setup&Edit > Moderation > Comments).
There are all Visible fields WITHOUT Public and Uploader fields; additionally nickname and password, that can't be removed. Also users are asked about profile picture if activated.
If user signs up using Facebook account then his/her nickname and avatar are requested from Facebook. All other questions will be requested later.
Form before first upload is displayed when:
- User is signed in and want to enter competition for the first time
- AND there are Uploaders fields in Setup&Edit > Options > User data capture.
There are forms:
- Set profile picture (if profile picture is activated)
- Edit public data (all Active AND Editable AND Public fields) also Profile fields (AND Active AND Editable AND Public)
- Edit private data (all Active AND Editable fields) also Profile fields (AND Active AND Editable)
- Keep sign up form short, detailed questions leave for Uploaders or Profile page.
- Add examples or more description in Instruction for User for vague fields.
- Add checkboxes if you plan mailings or newsletters, and make it Editable. You can send newsletters only to users that explicitly agreed.
- Use platform data to make sign up in multiple competitions much faster and easier.
- Make all fields Editable, unless it's not reasonable i.e. "agree to competition Rules".