Set up new competition
You can start configuring and competition set up right away, but it's also good idea to plan your actions ahead.
- Define what are you going to do: competition or just gallery, photo or text, what's the title? Looking for inspiration? Check contest ideas.
- Are you going to use Facebook application?
- Compile basic rules: submission outlines (categories, limits, paid options), voting type (including limitations), winners choice. Are you going to invite judges, who makes final decision about winners?
- Decide what participants data are you going to gather.
- Think about timeline.
- Decide what kind of comments and if and how are you going to deal with moderation.
- Think about design. Maybe are you going to use some space for branding or sponsor?
- Prepare copy, remember about SEO.
- What web address are you going to use?
- Think about promotion: Are you going to communicate with participants via email (now or in the future)? Are you going to prepare banners or use competizer widgets? Are you going to use Facebook application or tab?
With this knowledge you can go to competizer admin, set up platform if necessary and set up new competition.
Set up platform
Platform set up is available for site admins only.
For customers that have already used competizer platform
Participants of previous competitions of any department may take part in your new competition by sign in and will have entries from previous competition(s) on their profile page.
If you prefer to start new users base please order new account on competizer.com or contact with firstname.lastname@example.org
User data capture
Check/set platform user data, that are common within all competitions especially think about future campaigns.
Warning: There are some predefined platform user data fields set in english. If you are going to use another language you should at least translate them into your language.
Customize landing page if you are going to use it.
Department, domain and default language
- If other admins within your company should not have access to your competition you may need to add new department.
- Change/add language to the department if necessary.
- If you plan many competitions under one domain add this domain, set Facebook integration settings and assign to department.
Especially after adding new department you may need to add new admin.
Default mailing templates
While creating new competition platform default platform mailing templates are copied. If you find it useful you can edit them first.
If you want to display entries in galleries from some competitions at once then use grouping.
Competizer Platform is the online contest software to create and manage Online Competitions.
More info at
Set up competiton
- Create New competition or clone existing one or contest template. Choose competition type: text or photo. It can't be changed later.
- Add at least competition title and Internet address and Save. Competition site is created, you can preview it.
- Go through Setup&edit. Setup home page, Stages and timeline, other texts and navigation.
- For paid for entry contest set up payment options.
- Set up options including: user data capture, external stats, widgets, post-registration actions, language.
- Add banners if necessary.
- Customize look & feel of competition website keeping it responsive, use integration tools if necessary, style external widgets if they will be used, don't forget to about styling winners page if you use custom design.
- Set up comments and moderation options.
- Customize email templates.
- Prepare kick-off email if applies.
- Set up jury accounts if necessary.
- If you want to promote or run the contest on Facebook create Facebook Page Tab or Facebook Canvas App.
- Once you are ready with competition setup don't forget to check and test:
- competition website
- how the contest website is displayed on different devices and screen resolutions,
- test submission,
- test voting,
- test commenting,
- test sharing,
- email (ie. password recovery)
- kick-off e-mail(if set).
If you have any problems or questions don't hesitate to ask email@example.com
If you think you may need more backup maybe we can help you. Check our additional services list.
Start the competition - checklist
- Make final decision about pricing plan.
- Set valid timelines in Stages, if not set yet.
- Set group if you run multiple competitions and use grouping.
- Remove test accounts: go to admin area into Moderation tab and choose Moderate users. Delete test accounts. Accounts with their entries will be completely removed within few hours.
- Set Internet address to the right one (if not set yet).
- Customize landing page or add IP redirection to the competition (available for site admin only).
- Start promotion.
Find more info how to maintain and promote the competition once it started and how to deal with winners announcement and closing the competition.